Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mornings and Mothers

The best part of my day. As a mother i love to get up early before everyone else to pull my whole self together and prepare for another day God has graciously given me. Starting the day with the Lord is so important. In our bible study this past week our lesson reflected on a joyous mother. The sentence that struck me the most was, "As mothers, you and i are the number one influence in our children's lives." pg 142 A woman after God's own Heart It actually scared me. That line holds so much truth as we are the bigger part of our little covenant breakers' day. As a daily transgressor, I have had my times of selfishness, limited patience, wrongful disciplining, anger outbursts etc and it only reminds me each morning that "For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations" Ps 100:5 A new start, a new chance to make things better and to strive to do it all to God's glory. Proverbs 31 has a high criteria for us as mommies. Tim bugs me that i have not considered a field and bought it yet;) I CAN work on that but it might be in Europe somewhere just so we can visit it. Proverbs 31:28 also reads "Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." Wouldn't that be wonderful to one day get a phone call from a child that is all grown up and they say thank you mom, i now understand the role of a mother and the love poured out in the discipline and instruction you raised us with. Have you called your mom to thank her for the grey hairs she obtained and the worn out carpet beside her bed that her knees are planted in prayers for you?

1 comment:

  1. I get overwhelmed with the enormilty of my task often. More grace Lord, more grace!

    ReplyDelete